Participates as a member of an integrated team solving technical problems, providing assistance during all phases of design, installation, and operation of Information Systems and end user equipment at JDAT garrison and deployed environments.
• Supports the system engineering life-cycle for a broad range of system components, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, and implementation.
• Interprets, implements, and documents USG technical requirements.
• Performs needs assessments, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current system capabilities.
• Monitors and controls the daily operation of functional and client systems within four domains (e.g., Developmental-U, Developmental-S, NIPR, SIPR). Tasks can include user and computer authentication, access control, disaster recovery, data processing, and data storage.
• Schedules, plans and oversees updates, security patches and new configurations within a hybrid virtual/physical IT environment.
• Remediates hardware outages, system outages, and issues that could lead to an outage.
• Interacts with customers and functional peer groups to gain cooperation regarding solution design and approaches to operations.
External referral eligible.
• Five year's system administrator related experience
• Current certifications meeting IAT-2
• Ability to obtain computing environment certification within 6 months of assignment (e.g., MCSA, VCP)
• Capability to lift 40 lbs.
• Professional writing and oral presentation skills, MS Office proficiency
• Experience with virtualization software and services
• Experience with Windows 2008/2012 domains
• Tower Climbing certification/experience
• Current certifications meeting IAT-3
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.