Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manager Ashburn VA
The AFSS program is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help manage various Agile teams. The AFSS program is an Air Traffic Management program under Leidos which provides a range of flight services to the General Aviation community on a 24/7/365 basis.
AFSS provides safety-critical services to GA pilots via our specialists at 1-800-WXBRIEF, air-to-ground radio communications, Data Link Communications, Pilot Web Portal and through third party flight planning applications and websites. The program provide millions of Pilot Weather briefings and file millions of Flight Plans. Our specialists assist in thousands of search and rescue events each year.
Management responsibilities may include:
• Providing leadership and direction to development team members, including development managers
• Staffing current program openings for the team
• Onboarding new program team members, ensuring they are brought up to speed on the scope of the program
• Executing the performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for the team members under purview
• Collaborating with subcontractor team members’ leadership for staffing needs
• Updating corporate tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
• Planning and allocating resources across program task orders for financial reporting
• Participating in proposal efforts including Basis of Estimate (BOE) and technical volume writing
• Developing and managing Earned Value metrics
• Managing personnel on the agile software development teams
• Overseeing training across the agile team members
• Performing timecard review and approval actions
• Tracking content status across program’s agile teams
• Leading metrics collection and dissemination
• Facilitating Release Planning Events (RPEs), including logistics and technical preparation
• Managing schedule execution and participation of overall release plan for the program
• Approving timecards and managing cost accounts
Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
To be considered for this position, you must initially meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
• Minimum 3 years personnel management experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership and staffing experience
• SAFe Agile development experience
• Functioning as a scrum master and/or release train engineer
• Understanding and background in COTS integration and custom code development
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.