Leidos' Corporate Payroll Services Team is seeking a Payroll Specialist in Oak Ridge, TN.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Calculate, compile and submit accurate and timely transfer of pay information and adjustments to the vendor.
- Calculate miscellaneous pay components in accordance with policy and federal/state/local tax guidelines.
- Serve as point of escalation to respond to inquiries received from the vendor, HR, employees, and other internal stakeholders requiring skill and tact to communicate resolution.
- Conduct specialized research into issues and provide recommendations for payroll processing and outputs.
- Work on advanced projects that require close attention to detail and deadlines.
- Review, coordinate and submit timely manual check requests for sensitive terminations and immediate pay states to the vendor for payment.
- Review garnishment responses (i.e., court answers) provided by vendor.
- Provide electronic approvals in GENAS for states that accept electronic signatures.
- Review court answers for states that require wet signatures, submit to vendor and provide Corporate Security with garnishment data for employees with security clearance.
- Assist with wage audits (e.g. DCAA, Internal Audit, Benefits, agency, federal, state, etc.).
- Download, run, validate and distribute payroll cycle reports and Transfer Agent files to report users for each payroll cycle.
- Review entries on daily Manual check log and drive resolution with vendor.
- A High School diploma with 2-4 years of payroll experience.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills; strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and accounting systems
- Payroll experience in a fully outsourced environment
- Experience with ADP and/or EV5 technology highly desired
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.