Cyber Action Officer
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Cyber Action Officer on the DISA GSM-O program supporting the DISA Command Center (DCC) Network Assurance embedded with DISA Headquarters, Fort Meade, MD.
GSM-O provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and CoCOMs
• Maintain situational awareness of cyber activity by reviewing DoD, Intelligence Community and open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware or other threats that have the potential to impact the DoDIN.
• Serve as a lead for planning, coordination, implementation, validation, mitigation, and compliance of cyber security tasks.
• Prepare and present senior level briefings to share information and status.
• Resolve problems with functionality or performance.
• Prepare orders for staffing and release and serve as main POC for inquiries and communications after order release.
• Support mission-critical Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) with the ability to obtain CSSP-A certification within 180 days of start date.
- Hold and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Proficient understanding of Cyber Network Defense (CND) in regards to protect, detect, respond and sustain within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Advanced Certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP.
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or cyber Kill Chain methodology.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.