Leidos Veterans Health Group, Veterans Business Administration (VBA) Business unit is currently hiring a Project Engineer in support of a large Veterans Affairs (VA) Department Task Order.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance which requires US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card).
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The ideal candidate will oversee the design, development, release, and maintenance of a new Source Material Tracking System (SMTS) for a large document scanning effort.
The ideal candidate must have an expert understanding of software development in an Agile environment and the ability to lead and direct a geographically diverse team.
Must have proven experience in the following areas:
- Analyzing requirements to determine project scope.
- Directing a development team to ensure the project maintains scope, remains on schedule, and stays within budget.
- Planning, organizing, securing, and managing resources to successfully complete project goals and objectives.
- Managing and coordinating project deliverables in order to ensure requirements are completed and delivered, as required.
- Managing and resolving risks and issues.
- Complying with corporate, customer, and industry standards and best practices.
- Must possess excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to show initiative, good judgement, and resourcefulness
DESIRED SKILLS: Experience with the Microsoft Office Tool Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to interact with management, Government staff, and the team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and complete tasks without direct supervision.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.