Junior Sharepoint System Administrator
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a Junior Sharepoint System Administrator in Bethesda, MD.
• Provides SharePoint farm and infrastructure administration services.
• Daily monitoring of all SharePoint technical activities; primary support of the SharePoint service with a thorough knowledge of appropriate utilities/tool, user roles and application permissions; and support of Microsoft web services on Windows servers.
• Provides SharePoint support in a production 24x7 environment, with rotating on-call duties. This includes work on nights and weekends to provide operations support, security patching, and accommodate customer needs for off-hours maintenance completion.
• Checks on the proper execution of all tasks daily.
• Develops, changes, modifies, and implements SharePoint processes after approvals
• Assists customer application teams in solving intermittent recurring problems.
• Tracks and ensures the expeditious solution of all problems with all migration activities.
• Answers questions related to tasks, roles, site virtualization in a SharePoint environment.
• Troubleshoots and resolves issues that affect the ability of the SharePoint performing at full functionality.
• Maintains, tunes, and patches systems for optimum performance and security and with no or minimal downtime.
• Troubleshoots problems and take corrective action to fix problem.
• Monitors system performance and take corrective action to optimize usage of system resources.
• Provides support for farm, server, database, site, and file level backup and restores.
• Installs and configures the SharePoint application in the HSS Windows environment.
• Upgrades SharePoint as required by HSS.
• Provides solutions architecture advice for Enterprise SharePoint supports.
• Analyzes and defines the organization’s information architecture.
• Understands and designs taxonomies for customer organizations.
• Designs and documents the appropriate SharePoint solution based on information architecture, taxonomy analysis and the customer’s functional and non-functional requirements.
• Ensures changes are planned and implemented in a sound, low risk manner, without creating system outages.
• Implements security structures provided by the security infrastructure group to prevent unauthorized access and maintain system security.
Experience with SharePoint upgrade process and technique to latest version of SharePoint as well as to SPO/O365.
Experience with architecture and support of SharePoint Online and Office 365
Experience with working with F5 load balancer device
Experience with Bamboo Solutions including individual web parts and PMC components
Experience with SharePoint service architecture and setting up, configuring, and supporting all SharePoint service applications such as Search, UPA, Metadata, Secure Store, BCS in a cross-farm configuration.
Experience in install, configure, and support SQL Reporting Services
Experience in install, configure, and support Office Web Apps/Office Online Server
Experience in install, configure, and support Workflow Manager
Experience with SharePoint OOTB workflow as well as third party workflow tool such as Nintex
Experience in integration with ADFS Federation services and External IDPs
• Troubleshoots and corrects issues and concerns to affect the functionality of the web sites.
• Assigns windows authentication permissions to provide access and functionality of web sites with different levels of access allowed.
• Submit Domain Name Services requests to allow for the addition, modification and deletion of host names, and A records.
• Develops and maintains detailed and accurate documentation as requested by the Service Manager, team lead and/or CTR. Documentation may be required for operational procedures, troubleshooting aids, and technical analyses for products, features, and capabilities.
• Ensures all changes are logged through the use of listserv archive lists, and division, branch, and team change management procedures.
• Uses CIT and HSS service management tools, which include Service Now for work request ticket management to respond to and document work efforts requested by customers.
• General knowledge and understanding or expertise in related technologies is a plus.
• Microsoft Office desktop application integration with SharePoint
• Knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework and ASP.NET is a plus.
• Microsoft Clustering, Mirroring, Log Shipping, and Always on Availability Groups.
• Excellent problem management and troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose and resolve SharePoint and web service related problems
• Experience and expertise in VMware ESX virtual servers on Cisco/HP Blade hardware is desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills to be able to ascertain user requirements and prepare documentation.
• Excellent organizational or project management skills in order to plan for upgrades to operating environments.
• Ability to work cooperatively and to function well in a team environment.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, engineering, or related subject. At least three years of experience working in a Windows server environment
• In depth knowledge and experience in Windows Servers 2012, 2008 configurations and administration.
• At least three years of experience with the SharePoint application, with formal training; experience with SharePoint implementation. Microsoft SharePoint Certifications a plus.
• Experience and expertise in Enterprise SharePoint 2016/2013/2010 and supporting technologies - SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012 Internet Information Server 8.x/7.x, Active Directory, ADFS, Project Server integration, Workflow Services/Manager, Server farm design concepts, Windows Web Services, Windows networking principles
Certain kinds of experience may be used in lieu of education. In order to substitute experience for educational requirements, the experience must be recognized as sufficiently technical or specialized to achieve the knowledge and skills needed.
Positions require US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.