Junior Windows System Administrator
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a Junior Windows System Administrator – Windows in Bethesda, MD.
• Provides Windows system administration services, providing technical support and software expertise for Windows servers to ensure that they operate accurately and efficiently in response to user requirements. Assignments shall include such diverse tasks as installing applications, diagnosing and resolving system problems, testing software, and documenting operating procedures.
• Daily tasks include but are not limited to: Installation, maintenance, and support of software (identified by the government) both freeware and vendor supplied.
• Records the problem symptoms (government provided pre-defined log).
• Provides Windows systems support in a production 24x7 environment, with rotating on-call duties. This includes work on nights and weekends to provide operations support and accommodate customer needs for off-hours maintenance completion.
• Provides resolutions for hardware and software problems.
• Analyzes root causes.
• Required 1 year experience powershell scripting
• IIS administration desirable
• Experience with configuring and managing Windows clusters.
• Experience with System Center Suite (SCCM)
• Refers other problems (e.g. networking) to the appropriate organizations.
• Coordinates/schedules remedial actions (e.g. backups, maintenance fixes, etc.) with vendor and/or operations personnel.
• Tracks status of all problems within the environment through resolution.
• Documents special procedures required for continuous operations of systems.
• Reviews monitoring logs for problem identification and suggested resolutions.
• Maintains statistical information to help track persistent problems using pre-defined log.
• Installs and configures new hardware components for operations in a Data Center networked environment.
• Interfaces with customers as necessary to support their operational environment.
• Schedules maintenance and services activities
• Plans, conducts, and reports tests with appropriate government staff.
• Tracks system utilization, daily, to determine if problems are imminent.
• Monitors and provides daily reports on system performance to pinpoint performance bottlenecks.
• Provides technical input to evaluation of alternative methods.
• Develops and maintains detailed and accurate documentation as requested by the Service Manager, team lead and/or CTR. Documentation may be required for operational procedures, troubleshooting aids, and technical analyses for products, features, and capabilities.
• Ensures all changes are logged through the use of listserv archive lists, and division, branch, and team change management procedures.
• Uses CIT and HSS service management tools, which include Service Now for work request ticket management to respond to and document work efforts requested by customers.
• Experience and expertise in VMware ESX virtual servers on UCS and/or HP Blade hardware is desirable.
• Ability to analyze information requirements.
• Ability to coordinate closely with system DBAs or customers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications.
• Ability to evaluate problems analytically and systematically and develop appropriate corrective action.
• Ability to work cooperatively and to function well in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill to be able to ascertain user requirements and prepare documentation.
• Excellent customer interface skills.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS or related subject, or 5 years of relevant, related work experience. At least one year experience working in a Windows server environment.
Certain kinds of experience may be used in lieu of education. In order to substitute experience for educational requirements, the experience must be recognized as sufficiently technical or specialized to achieve the knowledge and skills needed.
Positions require US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.