ISSE (Level 3) - TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
We are currently seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (Level 3) for an Information Assurance program near Ft. Meade, MD.
The selectee will, under the leadership of Senior Personnel, provide technical expertise to aid the Government in the overall certification of cryptographic products for ground/airborne/satellite communications including those making up Space Systems of Systems, a collection of task-oriented or dedicated systems creating more security functionality than the individual components.
The person selected shall provide Information System Security Engineering (ISSE) services in support of current and future Government customers' IA products and solutions; architecture analysis; key management; tactical communications; cryptographic products and algorithms; product certification and test and evaluation; and vulnerability, risk, and threat assessments.
Activities include but not limited to validating and verifying system security requirements through analysis of security documentation, participating in design reviews, and security verification testing of products. The IA products and solutions are critical for the customer to build and secure space and associated ground systems, ground terminals, links, and waveforms all of which are used for communications, control of weapons, and/or data collection/transfer/sharing where these support devices must be compatible with the entire satellite dependent "space" system of systems.
- Provide expert guidance and work product evaluation to one or more security engineers that support Engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Advocate and recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements. Monitors and suggests improvement to IA policy
- Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives
- Provide the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity
- Twenty (20) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 3 is required Both Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) and CISSP Certifications are required. - A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to eighteen (18) years of experience. Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance required
- Must have five (5) years of experience in Space/Weapons/Ground/Terminal systems requirements development particularly developing, reviewing, and analyzing technical CDRLs, TSRDs, and IASRDs (or equivalent)
- Must have five (5) years of experience providing ISSE support to Space/Weapon/Ground/Terminal COMSEC/TRANSEC efforts, particularly cryptography and NSA cryptographic certification
- Must have five (5) years of experience providing technical reviews/guidance for Key Management Architecture (KMA), Infrastructure (KMI), and Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) activities
- Must have eight (8) years of Space Systems Engineering or Space Systems of Systems' Engineering experience
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.