Business Development Specialist
Leidos Civil Health Operations has an opening for a Business Development Professional in Baltimore, MD.
It is our mission to improve the health status and safety of our nation’s citizens, soldiers and retirees by growing Leidos’ presence and delivery of systems integration, data analytics and health services to Commercial health markets, DoD, VA, HHS and other agencies engaged in health safety and care provision.
This role will be a member of a highly talented and integrated team of broad-based professionals, fostering an environment of innovation and use business oriented data –driven solutions to deliver strategic change.
- Assist with capture efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts, or task order business
- Shape and win new business through a balanced focus on customer value, the competitive environment, and the corporation's best interests
- Develop capture strategy including business solution for pursuit of opportunities; identifies potential customers, competitive assessments, teaming suppliers, and prices-to-win; participates in bid and proposal activities
- Lead and integrate the assigned cross-functional team and authority to direct team activities for the duration of the pursuit
- Maintain ongoing interaction with business development
BA degree and 1+ years of prior relevant experience or prior relevant experience.
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
- Aptitude for milestone/EPP process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
- Ability to travel as needed
- Technical background or business operational experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.