Mid-Tier Database Engineer (Oracle)
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a Mid-Tier Database Engineer (Oracle) in Bethesda, MD.
• Extensive operational experience with the implementation of Oracle Enterprise RDBMS and Oracle Application Server/Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g WebLogic Suite products in both dedicated server and shared server (multiple customer tenants on a single host) environments.to include at a minimum Advanced Security, Diagnostics and Tuning, Label Security, Data Warehousing, Configuration Management, Forms and Reports, PL/SQL and APEX, and tuning using AWR and ADDM reporting facilities.
• Extensive experience with the implementation of Oracle Enterprise Manager to manage and support enterprise level database and application infrastructure.
• Experience supporting Oracle RDBMS on HP-UX, Solaris Unix (SPARC/x86), and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (x86) platforms in production environments.
• Extensive experience with writing and maintaining production Unix shell scripts, including change management to and control and maintain production database infrastructure environments.
• Ability to support databases in a production 24x7 environment, with rotating on-call duties.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related subject or 5 years of related work experience,
• At least (5) years direct experience in the public sector in system design, architecture, implementation, product planning, installation, configuration, customization, tuning, and production maintenance of agency enterprise-wide Oracle RDBMS infrastructure environments.
• At least (3) years’ experience implementing and supporting Oracle RDBMS environments required to meet Federal security and audit requirements, including encryption (FIPS 140-2), FISMA, and SSAE-16 standards.
Certain kinds of experience may be used in lieu of education. In order to substitute experience for educational requirements, the experience must be recognized as sufficiently technical or specialized to achieve the knowledge and skills needed that is defined in the contract.
Positions require US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.