Senior Storage Backup Specialist
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a Senior Storage Backup Specialist in Bethesda, MD.
• Provides storage and backup systems administration services.
• Provides technical support for the Storage and Backup management and monitoring solutions, including IBM TSM and CommVault Simpana.
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of data replication services, including SAN to SAN replication, remote backups, deduplication, among others.
• Investigates new technologies and identifies opportunities where these technologies can enhance HSS’ capabilities in a cost-effective manner.
• Expert knowledge of Storage technologies, date backup technologies and Tape Hardware Architecture.
• Proficient knowledge of Storage virtualization, data center infrastructure, and SAN / NAS technologies.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate technical standards clearly and concisely.
• Demonstrated ability with problem solving techniques; such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
• The Ability to apply critical thinking to abstract issues.
• Self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
• Ability to support storage and backup in a production 24x7 environment, with rotating on-call duties.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS or related subject or 5 years of related work experience. Minimum 5 year experience
Certain kinds of experience may be used in lieu of education. In order to substitute experience for educational requirements, the experience must be recognized as sufficiently technical or specialized to achieve the knowledge and skills needed.
Positions require US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.