Sr Java Software Engineer
The Civil Health Operation currently has openings for a Sr Java Software Engineer in Bethesda, MD.
Research, design, develop and maintain enterprise system for Federal Health clients using the JEE, Spring MVC, Struts 1.3, Spring JDBC, XML and PL/SQL in an Agile software development environment. This involves the use of user stories, acceptance criteria and other software engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team.
He/she will create and update all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing. The candidate will use sound software engineering and object oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure and fault tolerant. The candidate will also assist in troubleshooting and fixing issues from the production environment.
The candidate will apply coding standards, best practices (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development), and architectural/design patterns. He/she will support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
The candidate will collaborate with customers, analysts, architects, DBAs, operations, and testers using Agile Scrum. He/she will apply Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the Agile Framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Bachelor's degree in a related technical field and 8+ years related technical experience.
• Experience with Object oriented design and development, data structures and design patterns
• Experience with Java 6+, Spring MVC, JDBC, Hibernate, Eclipse, Web Services (XML, SOAP/RESTful), Git, JIRA, Rational ClearCase
• Experience with RDMS and database design and troubleshooting (Oracle, PL/SQL)
• Experienced with software development lifecycles (SDLC) and ability to apply best practices using industry standards throughout all software developed.
• Experience with Automated testing and test driven development
• Experience with build servers such as Cruise Control, working knowledge of ANT Scripting. Familiarity with Continuous integration principles.
• Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.