Principle Algorithm Software Engineer
Leidos/Reveal has an immediate opening for a talented Algorithm (ALG) Software Developer in our Vista, CA office to develop solutions for our innovative X-ray CT based imaging devices used for detecting explosives and threats.
The Leidos/Reveal operation is a recognized leader in the development of threat detection products and services. Our flagship explosives detection system is deployed around the globe to safeguard a diverse and growing number of people, places and transportation systems every day. Leidos/Reveal has built an outstanding reputation while becoming a trusted partner by collaborating closely with our customers to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions that consistently exceed their expectations. It is Leidos/Reveal’s talented workforce, where teamwork, individual contributions and innovation are all highly valued, that has achieved these accomplishments.
• Writing code that helps meet detection, throughput, and stability requirements
• Improving software performance
• Designing and enhancing features for image pattern recognition
• Developing tools for visualization, reporting and algorithm tuning
• Performing live data collection for offline analysis and algorithm development
• Identifying and annotating threats in captured images for algorithm validation
• BS in Computer Science with 12+ years of related experience or MS in Computer Science with 10+ years of related experience
• Proficient in C++, templates and STL
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Experience and a willingness to analyze and document a large legacy C++ code base of highly complex software. Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to obtain DoD Secret Clearance Preferred Qualifications:
• Algorithm optimizations
• Microsoft Visual Studio, MATLAB, Python
• Boost, QT, and VTK libraries
• Multi-threaded application development
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.