Sr Network Linux Administration and Ops
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr Network Linux Administration and Ops at Scott AFB, IL.
Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This position directly supports the DISA-provided multi-user computer systems running Linux Server on a global network management system.
• Be able to work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently.
• Installation of Linux Servers
• Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts
• Develop infrastructure servers (Windows/Linux) needed to support the DISA Network
• Provides coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
• Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
• Automate processes where appropriate and apply data store best practices.
• Manage security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
External Referral Eligible
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 5 years of overall related experience with Unix, Redhat Linux required. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Shell scripting (e.g. bash) and experience in other languages like Perl.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.