Mid level Software Developer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer to work in our St. Petersburg, Florida office. This is an opportunity to use your skills supporting the development of real time, embedded, mission critical systems.
The Software Engineer II will assist in the development of mission critical software written in C++. The person will be part of a software development team utilizing object oriented design methodologies modeled in UML. The initial focus of this position is the design and implementation of software supporting MANET communications, sensor integration, and/or data fusion. Additional tasking and responsibilities are expected over time.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
· Design, code and test software to support real time, embedded, software systems
· Ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, and fault tolerant
· Perform integration and test of software on varying hardware platforms
Support all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, software development, integration and test, documentation, and maintenance, for complex software system/applications.
Security Clearance Required: Active DoD Secret
• 3+ years’ experience all phases of Software Engineering including requirements, design, code, test and integration
• 3+ years’ experience with C/C++
• 3+ years of Linux experience
• Real-time software development experience
• Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/Scrum
• Experience with Java
• Experience with Rhapsody
• Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing, static code analysis and continuous integration
• Knowledge of or experience with UML, object oriented design, model driven development, real time and/or embedded software design, communications methods and protocols
• Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rhapsody, ClearCase, ClearQuest and Team Concert, Jenkins, Eclipse, DOORS
Required Education: BS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.