Windows Systems Administrator
Leidos is currently seeking a Windows System Administrator.
This is a second, night shift position. Must be able to work the hours between 10:30 PM-6:30 AM.
Individual will provide Windows Server and/or Desktop administration support to the 26th Network Operations Squadron (26 NOS) located at Maxwell Air Force Base-Gunter Annex, Alabama. The mission of the 26 NOS is to operate and defend the Air Force (AF) Enterprise computer network consisting of the AF Wide Area Network (WAN) routers, AF NIPRNet Gateway Systems (AFNGS), and the 26 NOS Local Area Network (LAN) assets. Responsibilities include:
· Maintain and administer applications, operating systems, and hardware related to Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server based operating systems across both Legacy and AFNGS level systems.
· Provide Tier 2 maintenance and troubleshooting support for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations.
· Provide frontline support for 300_ customers at local and remote facilities in the form of System Administration Tier 1 Central Call Center for legacy and AFNGS systems.
· Provide hands-on/virtual desktop support 24x7 in accordance with mission requirements.
· Provide monitoring capabilities of user level centrally managed hardware, OS, and applications related to Windows based systems.
· Manage and administer all aspects of user account management such as password, group, and privilege management for user access across entire AOR.
· Develop and implement documentation including policies, procedures, checklists, and guidance specific to Windows related systems.
· Maintain system readiness through the implementation, administration, and management of DoD IAVAs, DoD IAVB’s, MTO’s, CTO’s, AF TCNOs, ACAS, DISA STIG’s, and other related DoD policies on all related systems.
External Referral Eligible
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related engineering field: equivalent education, training and experience may be substituted.
Required Experience: 2-4 years of experience performing windows system administration. Microsoft System Administration and/or Engineering certification (MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCP).
Desired Experience: Prior 26 NOS Microsoft system administration experience highly desirable.
Required Clearance: Secret with ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
Required DoD 8570 Certification: CompTIA Security+ or equivalent IAT-II Certification
Travel: No regular travel required; responsibilities may include short or no-notice travel to troubleshoot system issues at remote locations and or support program management office operational, developmental, integration, and test and evaluation activities.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.