Signal Processing Engineer
Accelerate your career and invent your future with Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with some of the world’s toughest technological challenges. Our Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) has an opportunity for a Signal Processing Engineer in our Arlington, VA location. Embrace this challenge where you’ll bring your passion and experience in signal processing to develop, model, and evaluate the performance of techniques for sensors in challenging sensing environments in the RF (radar, communications) and optical domains. More broadly, you will have the opportunity advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future programs in the areas of Electronic Attack, Electronic Protection, and Electronic Support. Do you bring an entrepreneurial self-motivated attitude to your work, seek new challenges and open to mission critical new opportunities? Are you a continual learner, quickly adapting your experience to new problems and filling in the gaps in your knowledge as needed? If you answer yes, this is the role for you!
Here’s a snapshot of what will keep you enthralled:
- Shoulder to shoulder, you will work with your team to develop future innovation efforts through IR&D and direct funded efforts. Your thoughts and efforts will not go unnoticed as you develop innovative technological solutions.
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends.
- Develop novel and advanced algorithm, performance simulation, and analysis using simulated and real data in both time series and spectral domains.
- Engage in multiple projects working with all levels of technologists as well as the customer
External Referral Eligible
If what you’ve read so far sounds like a great fit for you, then read further to ensure you have what we are looking for.
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar field with minimum 8-12 years’ experience OR Masters with 6-10 years’ related experience
- Working knowledge of scientific programming and algorithm development
- Experience with radar signal processing
- Strong analytical skills in the areas of digital filtering, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and stochastic processes
- Experience with tools such as Linux, MATLAB, Mathmatica, Python, and languages such as Java, C++ etc.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.