Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn's 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth. The Command, Control, and Intelligence (C2&I) Division has an opening for a GIS Software Engineer to assist with development and testing of a mature, commercial suite of GIS Products.
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to develop customer-focused solutions designed to increase the speed, efficiency and productivity of many common GIS workflows. Solutions generally in the form of extensions to ESRI’s ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro products.
• Work independently and as part of a team to design and develop GIS software solutions.
• Document designs.
• Complete assigned development tasks, bugs, improvements, and features.
• Help determine requirements for new products and new release versions.
• Provide technical assistance to customer support personal.
• Work with developers, testers, software installers, and product technical writers to produce high-quality professional products.
• Bachelor’s Degree with related industry experience in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• 3 or more years in software development
• Experience in the following: C# using Visual Studio, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), .NET 3.5+, Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern, Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain/maintain Secret clearance.
• Knowledge of GIS products and processes
• GIS development experience. Ideally with ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap using ArcObjects, or other ESRI products
• Experience with software development tools such as: Subversion, Perforce, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins
• Experience with automated software testing using TestComplete.
• Experience creating software installs with InstallShield.
• U.S. citizenship with an active Secret Clearance
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.