Leidos has an immediate need for a System Administrator to support our Defense and Intelligence business area at our Norfolk, Virginia office.
The candidate will be a member of the Systems team responsible for the technical planning, system integration, verification/validation and support for total systems prior to being deployed to the production network. He/she will be supporting equipment and applications in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation. He/she will perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
· Research and evaluate emerging technologies and services.
· Respond to system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or system faults to reestablish service.
· Troubleshoot and analyze problems with major systems, including VMware, vCenter Server 6.x Horizon View 6.0, VSphere Web Client, Storage, SCCM, and GPO configuration.
· Understanding of virtual applications, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, application delivery via SCCM.
· Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation.
· Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
· Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.
· Strong understanding of enterprise, network, systems.
· Understanding of system hardening, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and encryption technologies DoD STIG’s.
· Active Top Secret (SSBI) Clearance or higher.
· 8570 IAT Level 2 Compliant - Security +CE.
· VMWare VCA (VCP within 120 days of acceptance).
· 5+ years experience without a degree or
· BS degree and 3+ years of relevant experience or
· MS degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.