Software Test Environment Service Delivery Manager (SDM)
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Systems Admin to support the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.
Responsible for oversight of: system administration of multiple test environments across many baselines, architectures, and classifications; and service testing of varied infrastructure and software products in those test environments. The SDM role has accountability for test schedules, environment hardware and patching (C&A) and continuous availability, risk and mitigation development, team staffing and skill development, BOE development for new work, team procedures, configuration control, process improvement and external interface coordination. The SDM is expected to matrix test services across the ITEMS UFS teams and facilitate remote test support by other external testers and SMEs.
Responsible for developing, maintaining and executing test plans in a multiple baseline, multiple classification environment with significant COTS, GOTS, FOSS and custom programs' software, hosted across Windows, Solaris and Linux architectures, deployed to workstations, servers and Web, worldwide. Knowledge of Electronic Light Table (ELT) software such as RemoteView, is helpful.
- Analyze test environment requirements across entities, efforts and classifications, especially hardware (and related capacity management and recap planning)
- Analyze test baselines across entities, efforts and classifications; identify opportunities to eliminate or simplify baselines, configuration management, or test support
- Document Basis of Estimate (BOEs) for new work, especially new task orders, ECP, RFC, etc.
- Implement common test environments that enable remote test support by other external testers and SMEs
- Guide Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development, needed configuration management and system documentation
- Establish software patching and accreditation procedures that follow commercial and customer practices
- Identify and implement test automation and process improvement opportunities
- Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Strong communicator who shares information across stakeholders, including customer, program management and SMEs, vendor, external program POCs
- Manages test teams staffing and skill development
- Works with ITEMS UFS SDMs to matrix test staff and grow knowledge
- Maintains project schedules, risk registers, program management review documentation, etc.
Individual Work/Teamwork or Leadership/Management:
Leadership/Management - The SDM works individually in a highly collaborative environment, actively participates in cross-team planning and execution TEMs, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, proactively takes steps to resolve issues.
Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level system administrators and test engineers.
Skills and Tasks:
Exceptionally Complex - Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.