Accountant - Leidos Supply
Leidos Europe, part of Team Leidos, are looking for an Accountant to join their Finance team to monitor the accounts of their subsidiary - Leidos Supply.
Team Leidos is honoured to support the UK MOD’s Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCS[T]) programme, a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain.
The role holder will have responsibility for all the accounting aspects of the Leidos supply (LSL) entity with particular focus on the Sage accounts payable sub-ledger. They will also manage a team of 5 people with a focus on efficiency through SLAs and systems development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all accounting aspects of the LSL entity
- Lead a team of Accounts payable Specialists and support their individual contribution and development.
- Monthly reconciliation of AP sub-ledger and Escrow bank account and balance sheet accounts
- Development and adherence to the department KPIs and SLAs
- Daily operational meetings with Leidos Supply counterparts to ensure three way match issues are tracked and resolved
- Lead accurate and timely data entry to meet the weekly CPSP deadlines
- Ensure the team is delivering timely payment of commodities suppliers within terms
- Actively manage supplier relationships ensuring a high level of customer service at all times
- Develop statistical and financial reporting of the AP function
- Lead the weekly CPSP meeting ensuring the accurate coding in accordance with MoD guidelines
- Reporting on exceptions and errors in CPSP processing and see through to resolution
- Any adhoc duties in line with the department’s objectives
Key Result Areas
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of LSL balance sheet
- Insightful reporting of commodities ledger activities SLAs and KPIs
- AP ledger aging kept to a minimum, not to exceed 30 days where possible
- Improvement in 3 way matching rates
- Development and motivation of staff including timely completion of performance reviews.
- Adherence to Leidos Europe and Leidos Supply HR Policies.
- Process improvements in line with Programme direction
Minimum Qualification/Education Level:
Required:Recognized Accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ICEAW) or equivalent would suit newly qualified.
5 years experience in AP or Finance operations
Must be able to obtain a UK Security Check Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.