Signal Processing Engineer
Are you excited to discover and adapt new signal processing algorithms to meet evolving needs? Are you looking to work with colleagues who share your deep technical expertise, passion, dedication, and intellectual curiosity? Do bring an entrepreneurial self-motivated attitude to your work, seeking new challenges and opening new opportunities? Are you a continual learner, quickly adapting your experience to new problems and filling in the gaps in your knowledge as needed? If you answer yes, this is the role for you. Today, Electronic Warfare is a still growing segment of the Department of Defense to continue to be effective in protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. You’ll be part of a team working on advanced solutions to improve the robustness and efficacy of sensors and signals in complicated environments in a fast changing arena.
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Engineer to support programs and proposals in Arlington, VA with opportunities for a motivated candidate to lead tasks and/or efforts. You will bring your experience in advanced signal processing, linear algebra, probability, stochastic processes, spectral estimation, and/or signal detection and estimation to develop, model, and evaluate the performance of techniques for sensors in challenging sensing environments. More broadly, you will advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future programs in the areas of Electronic Attack, Electronic Protection, and Electronic Support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Translate high-level functional goals into tasks and execute them
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, Simulink, or C++ to advance capabilities and robustness to complex environments
- Work in small teams or individually to achieve program success
- Communicate results in briefings and written material to team, customer, and management
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Listen to customers needs and develop technical solutions and new ideas to respond to BAAs/RFPs and to market to existing customers
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Master's degree in relevant areas plus minimum of 15 years of experience or Doctorate in relevant area with minimum of 13 years of experience
- Must have an in-scope Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS security clearance
- Fluency in Matlab, C/C++, Simulink, or similar language, with ability to learn Matlab within a short period of hire
- Strong analytical skills and experience in the areas of adaptive filter theory, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and/or stochastic processes
- Proven record, appropriate to candidate’s years of experience, of innovation for both posing and solving complex signal processing, detection, estimation, and tracking related problems
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Current TS clearance
- Prior experience in Electronic Warfare signals processing algorithm development, working with both simulated and real data
- Experience contributing to proposals responding to DoD BAAs and/or RFPs
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.