Cloud Migration Engineer
In this mission we are seeking a Cloud Engineer to perform legacy application migration/transition to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. This individual will work closely with technical leads and AWS personnel to incorporate cloud-native services into each application architecture.
Candidate is expected to support our government client in deployments, lift & shift migrations and innovative solutions. The Cloud Engineer should be able to execute architecture blueprints and bring it to reality with a DevSecOps mindset & culture. Candidate should be able to build and configure build plans, code pipelines and create automated solutions that can be frame worked and re-used. Finally, the candidate should be a subject matter experts and evangelize the latest technologies and tools to provide better efficiency and solution to other teams.
Lead application migration/transition to the cloud and cloud-based capability development.
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Experience with establishing, deploying, and monitoring cloud-based application environments;
- Experience operating virtualization in a data center, migrating applications from data centers to cloud, or planning and executing similar scale and technology programs;
- Working knowledge of networking infrastructures, including LAN, WAN, VPN, Virtual Network, Subnet etc.;
- Fundamental understanding of cloud security;
- Experience with multiple operating systems such as Windows and UNIX-based systems;
- Experience with managing applications in Commercial Cloud Providers, including Azure or AWS;
- Experience with monitoring of systems, networks for performance, uptime, and security;
- Bachelor’s degree in software development or in related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree;
- Cloud Certification preferred;
- Possess and maintain a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to design and operate networks to support ease of use, self-service, automation, and reliability of services;
- Experience with DoD 8570 requirements (i.e. Security+, CISSP, etc.) and ensuring compliance with Federal Cloud Security Policies;
- Experience with DB's such as SQL, Oracle etc;
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef;
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Microsoft TFS or Bamboo;
- Application hardening experience/understanding (i.e. application & development STIG);
- Understanding of Cloud data storage;
- Prior experience supporting DoD (preferred);
- TS/SCI with specific polygraph.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.