Candidate is responsible for performing tasks relating to Database Administration to support the Joint Staff customers in Hampton Roads, Virginia.
Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. Tasks include: database loading; development and management of operational procedures; environment management; database health (e.g. monitoring, proactive and reactive responses); resource planning; database upgrade planning; backup and recovery strategy planning and implementation; environment transition planning (development, test, stage, production).
• Recommend and implement policies and procedures for backup and restore.
• Oversee and manage security patching and upgrading of SQL Server 2008 and 2012 clusters
• Performs daily monitoring of SQL Health, backup job status, audit reports, and mirrors on production instances.
• Supports high availability clusters with minimal downtime.
• Monitors and optimize system performance through the use of SQL Profiler.
• Monitors Server level logs, events, using event viewer.
• Maintains audit logs through SQL Server Audit
• Prepares weekly and monthly reports for team on areas for resolved, and unresolved areas of contention in servers, instances and databases.
• Provides DBA support and technical expertise for applications utilizing SQL Server backend.
• Lead database phases in the migration of SharePoint portal to enterprise domain
• Develop, tweak and maintain stored procedures, scripts, triggers to handle optimization, and tuning tasks.
• Responsible for writing SQL queries to pull customer requested data from given databases.
• Creates and modify user/group and other security principal roles as needed.
• Ensures time of retention for backups was met for each database.
• Maintains security in database according to the current DISA STIG model.
This position will require:
·Shift Schedule will be day shift Monday-thru-Friday with the occasional Wednesday & Saturday Maintenance Window coverage that is rotated throughout the Server Ops Team.
• DOD 8570.01m IAT Level II certification.
• Current operating system certification.
• Active TS security clearance or higher.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical tasks.
• 3 - 6 years of database management skills.
External Referral Eligible.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.