Cyber Security Engineer– SOC and Splunk Networks & Systems
The Cyber Security Engineering Consultant will execute assignments in our Cyber Security Risk Engineering Group. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented with strong experience in planning, and implementing Information Technology (IT) networks and systems security controls hardware and software in a Security Operations Center (SOC) and Splunk SIEM environment. Candidate will work collaboratively with other groups and divisions.
- Develop policies & procedures for SOC related secure information systems and networks security and compliance controls.
- Execute the engineering design, planning, and implementation, of SOC security controls and procedures including a Splunk SIEM environment.
- Perform detailed technical analysis of Information Systems and Network cyber security controls.
- Identify potential cyber security gaps and recommend mitigation strategies to address gaps.
- Maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art cyber security capabilities of relevant operating systems, networking devices, control systems, and vendor offerings.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable cyber security standards.
- Work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment.
- Resolve technical issues considering business impact, and be able to communicate issue resolutions to managers and peers.
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Computer Engineering, Electric Engineering, or a related technical field with appropriate experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in related systems.
- Understanding of security principles and good knowledge of cyber security technologies, backed up with suitable credentials or certifications.
- Experience in the capabilities and/or configuration of SOC related cyber security controls, especially those relating to Splunk SIEMs, intrusion detection systems, access control, authentication, anti-virus/anti-malware, patching and hotfix, logging.
- Experience with network routing, switching, and TCP/IP.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated capability to make sound decisions based on good security practices and principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of business principles and operational security practices specific to cyber security engineering and/or security consulting.
- Strong effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with corporate policies and procedures and/or technical writing skills.
- Experience with physical cabling for network communications and control system I/O.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.