An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and highly motivated accounting professional to join the Leidos Cyber, Inc. Accounting & Finance team. Providing both accounting and financial planning & analysis (FP&A) support and reporting directly to the Controller, this is a unique and exciting opportunity.
- Perform tasks related to monthly, quarterly, year-end closing, including corporate and tax supplemental schedules.
- Support the annual budgeting and monthly operating expense reporting processes.
- Oversee all tax filings not handled by the corporate tax team, including business licenses, sales and use tax, and property tax. In addition, aid in the determination of nexus for potential new filing requirements.
- Analyze data supporting financial statements including budget vs. actual for revenue/gross Margin and operational expenses.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of certain monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly and quarterly Corporate Financial Reporting Packages.
- Value-added financial analysis, such as operating expense trends, gross margin trends, sales commissions, cash flow analysis, etc.
- Provide financial reporting support for various programs and projects, as required
- 3+ years’ experience supporting the accounting function in a professional, client service oriented environment.
- BS in Accounting with strong financial analysis skills.
- A solid working knowledge of accounting standards, especially revenue recognition.
- Self-directed and motivated, with excellent communication, interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with high level of organization, attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Advanced Excel skills for complex spreadsheet modeling and analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally and effectively build relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency to deadlines and a desire for excellence.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is not required but a strong plus.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft office programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.