Leidos currently has an opening for a Solutions Architect to work in Reston. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and assisting with the mission. You will be involved with projects from design through implementation, testing and customer sign-off.
You will guide current and future hardware and software architectures for all aspects of IT for the contract and perform activities like systems design, integration, and implementation and troubleshoot unique or complex problems. You will also plan, implement, test, and deploy Leidos platform configurations, migrate applications to cloud infrastructure, design RESTful web services, develop data driven analytical models, and implement a security-first design into the Enterprise architecture.
Finally, you will support design and configuration of the system to meet project requirements without sacrificing interoperability of existing networks.
The following qualifications are required:
- 8570 certification (minimum IAM Level III).
- A minimum 10 years of experience managing complex enterprise IT projects which include development, O&M support, technology enhancements, system support, and configuration management
- Bachelors of Science/Engineering degree in one of the following fields:
- system engineering
- software development
- electrical engineering
- computer engineering
- network engineering or a related field.
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field.
- Experience in collaborating with counterparts in other IC and governmental organizations and at senior levels, where customers and mission areas supported.
- Experience managing the development and implementation of new technology.
- 10 years—designing local, regional, WAN, and network systems and subsystems supporting voice, video, data, and imagery information.
- 10 years—leading teams of network, system, and architecture engineers.
- Six years—leading a team in Agile methodologies to successfully integrate Mission Command and Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination web services that have been certified and accredited.
- Three years—planning and executing local and long-haul communications.
- Experience and knowledge of COOP, DR, and Alternate Operating Locations (AOL).
- The following certifications or their equivalent:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification or equivalent.
- Cloud Certification
- Internet Protocol Engineering Professional (IPEP)
- Registered Communications distribution designer (RCDD)
- Certified Telecommunications Network Specialist (CTNS)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Comp TIA Advance Security Practitioner (CASP)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.