Digital Forensics Examiner
Leidos is seeking a Digital Forensics Examiner to support a federal customer. Responsibilities include:
· Examines and performs comprehensive technical analysis of computer-related evidence and information stored on devices during the course of investigations and litigations.
· Conducts offsite forensic collections of digital evidence using best practices and approved software and hardware (travel required).
· Provides skilled technical guidance and assistance to staff personnel involved in the investigation and litigation process to ensure precautions are taken to prevent spoliation of evidence.
· Serves as technical consultant and provide as-needed training in data recovery, forensic examinations, and techniques to staff personnel and contractors.
· Provides operational and administrative support to the Digital Forensics Laboratory in configuring hardware and software and managing inventories. Ensure evidence is stored and archived in a manner consistent to maintain preservation and protection of data and evidence. Ensure all hardware and software is verified and validated in accordance with established guidelines and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
· Provides oral and written communication to staff personnel concerning findings of fact, results of examination(s), and legal declarations, and testify in court as to the procedures and methodology used to recover and identify relevant evidence.
· Examines and performs comprehensive technical analysis of computer-related evidence and information stored on a device(s) during the conduct of an investigation or litigation.
· Must have at least 7 years of progressive technical experience that demonstrates relevant skills in digital forensic investigations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or an information management field preferred. An additional 5 years of experience over and above the minimum years of experience with a forensics related certificate may substitute for a degree.
· Must have experience performing multiple tasks described in the job description.
· Must have hands-on experience using digital forensics software, including, but not limited to EnCase, Forensic Toolkit (FTK), and X-Ways Forensic software.
· Must have experience apply investigative and litigation support principles and methodologies.
· Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
· Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a government background check.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.