Customer/Service Support Manager
The Civil Health Solutions Operation currently has an opening for a Customer Service Delivery Manager to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Customer/Services Support Manager shall be responsible for the life cycle handling of problem tickets, first call resolution service levels, escalation. The Candidate will provide oversight for service desk based client support, including all systems that support help desk operations. Work closely with Tier 1 - Tier 2 teams and managers to ensure continues service improvements. Act as a liaison between Tier teams to include Tier 3. Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments related to service desk and direct end user support. Establishes goals and plans that meet project and end user support objectives.
· Managing and motivating a team of service desk specialists who receive assigned incident tickets, phone calls, emails and other communications from customers requesting technical support for related desktop, laptop, peripherals, application and IT related issues.
· Supervises a team of Customer Service Representatives (CSR), technical support and Sr. CSR staff.
· Supervising the day-to-day operations of the service desk. Identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical problems. Creates and manages escalation procedures and ensures service levels are maintained.
· Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls service desk and end user support activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical and service performance requirements are met.
· Documenting, tracking, and monitoring problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
· Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists (Level 1 / 2 /3) including career development.
· Developing strategies for Service Desk and overall IT performance improvements for Tier 0 - Tier 3.
· Supervises staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems
· Responds to employees needing assistance with locating information or scripts to better address the caller’s questions or concerns.
· Assists subordinate CSRs and technicians in resolving complex issues.
· Recommends updated configuration settings
· Serves as point of contact to address escalated inquiries.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned, with focus on making recommendations to align them with customers’ evolving needs.
· Adhere to and support service level metrics that can include, average handle time, response accuracy, and quality metrics.
· Reviews individual performance and provides direct feedback to employees regarding performance.
· Conducts regular coaching and feedback sessions with team members, and when necessary, prepares and delivers disciplinary actions and recommends terminations.
· Assist with or conduct training to keep team updated on changes and ensure all required training has been completed.
· Maintain up to date knowledge of program and agency regulations and policies and support those policies and procedures.
· Adhere to policies and procedures as they relate to the confidentiality of information and protect personal identifiable information (PII).
· May be required to work scheduled holidays and other non-regular business hours.
· Participates in and leads special projects as required; performs other duties as assigned.
· Ensuring that all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution.
· Managing and improving the IT knowledge base system.
· Working with IT support team resources to ensure proper processes are created and followed to inform, track and support our customers.
· Communicating with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues. Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the client organization.
· Creating and managing reports to upper level management about all aspects of Service Desk performance management including KPIs, SLA status and trends.
· Must have a minimum of a B.A or B.S. degree with minimum 12 years of directly supporting IT service desk management and managing programs with multiple and complex IT service desks of 10,000 or more customers.
· At least 5 years of experience of service desk performance analytics and proven service desk continuous improvements.
· Experience in successfully motivating team that drive continuous improvements acting as a liaison between Tier 1 - Tier 3 teams.
· Strong supervisory and customer service skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work effectively within established contractual turnaround times.
· Must have demonstrated excellent listening, interpersonal, and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
· Strong leadership, teamwork, initiative, detail orientation, and problem solving skills.
· Ability to analyze trends and troubleshoot priority issues.
· Proven ability to work as a team member is required.
· Working knowledge of ITIL principles, methods, and techniques for computer troubleshooting and support.
· Experienced in recommending self-service options based on continual observation and analysis of calls and customer’ need for assistance.
· Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
· Effective supervisory and leadership skills, with focus on coaching agents to deliver a superb customer experience and rewarding and recognizing contributions to team success.
· ITIL Foundation certified in IT Service Management
Experienced in continuous improvement techniques
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.