Network Administration and Ops
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
Lead a team of 17+ employees who provide network administration, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of multiple customer networks.
· Ensure continuous monitoring and manage cyber security service components (e.g. alarms, events, logs) for security, capacity, performance, availability and support elements (power/cooling).
· Oversee Security Operations Center functions such as continuous monitoring, operating, reporting, detection, investigation
· Manage, coordinate, track, report, process and work tickets daily
· Provide and coordinate Tier 2 and 3 technical support with other team members
· Develop/review SOP’s and other documentation for use within the operations team
· Perform tasks based on SOP’s to perform system and application changes as required
· Increase day-to-day operational efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts
· Ensure the resolution of trouble tickets to completion and communication with users to ensure customer satisfaction before closure
· Provide regular status updates and communications regarding all open tickets
· Coach, mentor and train staff
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
· Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
· Enterprise helpdesk/service desk experience
· Experience using NOC tools such as SolarWinds, SCOM, Splunk
· Knowledge of ITSM products (i.e. Remedy or ServiceNow)
· Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
· Expert infrastructure/system/application troubleshooting abilities
· Experience setting up Help Desk components and supporting customers dispersed over more than one location.
· Experience managing operations in such a way where Customer Service is proactively emphasized and successfully delivered on by the team.
· ITIL Program Experience – Foundation or higher
· Experience automating or orchestrating the provisioning of new services
· Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
· Excellent active listening skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnel
· Demonstrated management of technical team while providing vision and developing tactical goals.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.