Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a Software Engineer to support our operations at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings. The Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting research studies and analyses on the undersea environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release.
· Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life-cycle and resulting in a software product.
· Test, evaluate, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and calibrate existing and new equipment.
· Assist in developing real-time device interfaces (e.g., laptop and tablet interfaces, etc.).
· Draft sections for insertion into reports from documentation of support provided.
· Provide research support to various experimental protocols as required.
· Due to Federal contracting requirements, candidates must be US Citizens.
· The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
· Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 4-8 years of relevant experience.
· Candidates must have documented evidence of software development including desktop, web and mobile applications, video gaming software, etc.
· Candidates must demonstrate familiarity with software design patterns and best practices.
· Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
· Experience with writing software applications in C++, Java and/or C# is strongly desired.
· Experience with mobile application development using Android Studio and/or XCode is desired.
· Experience with developing Virtual and/or Augmented Reality applications using commercial and/or open source video game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.) is strongly desired.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science with 2-6 years of relevant experience is desired.
· Familiarity with HIPAA, PHI/PII compliance, etc. is highly desired.
· Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
· Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0730 to 1600.
· CONUS travel (~10%) may be required.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.