SoC Design Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has an opportunity for a System-on-a-Chip (SoC) Design Engineer candidate located in our San Diego, CA office.
The successful candidate will architect next-generation specialized signal processing solutions using SoC technology. The successful candidate should be experienced in advanced digital signal processing and how to size and implement those algorithms in a restricted SWAP environment. The successful candidate should be familiar with processor design constraints such as commercially available processors, memory and interconnects. The successful candidate will interact with the lead SoC architect, and should be able to work collaboratively to establish an SoC design that meets system-level algorithm/processing specifications.
• Support the design of a new SoC architecture based on signal processing requirements.
• Work with diverse team of algorithm engineers, software engineers and ASIC engineers to develop SoC solutions.
• Select SoC IP for inclusion in the design.
• Propose and evaluate architectural options for performing required signal processing functions.
• Plan signal processing algorithmic deployment to SoC technologies.
External Referral Eligible
• Candidate must have at least a 8+ years and a Bachelor's or Master's of Science degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree.
• Experience in Computer Architecture and processor design
• Experience doing System-on-a-Chip (SoC) design and analysis
• Experience defining SoC interconnect solutions (ARM NIC, CCN, Arteris, Sonics, etc…)
• Experience with processor selection and configuration (ARM A-53/57/72, Tensilica BBE64, …)
• Experience developing use case models for verification test plans
• Comfortable solving complex problems
• Ability to work in intensive and changing environment
• Self-motivating, excellent written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal skills
• Must have a US Citizenship and be eligible for a DoD security clearance
• Experience designing an SoC based on DSP algorithmic requirements and planning algorithmic deployment to hardware and software.
• Experience with pre-silicon hardware, algorithm and software validation.
• Experience with fixed point algorithm design in ASIC DSP and in software design.
• Experience with algorithm optimization for hardware.
• Experience validating hardware architectures using emulation and TLM models.
• Experience developing signal processing algorithms and software.
• Experience with signal processing algorithm optimizations for software.
• Experience with digital filter design and implementation in hardware and software.
• Experience bringing up post-silicon SoC.
• Experience supporting software and hardware teams through implementation, verification and bringup.
• Experience developing anti-tamper solutions.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.