Leidos is looking for a Software Engineer for a position in the Northern Virginia area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to work on a variety of Java Projects. The candidate is expected to work on all architectural layers of an application, including UI, Service, and Persistence Layers and must have the ability to wire and create an application from end to end. Responsibilities will include evaluating methods and technologies for data processing, developing, designing, and implementing effective data models; applying information processing theory; translating detailed designs into computer software; and incorporating external libraries to build and deliver functionality. The candidate will be responsible for analyzing and studying complex requirements, consulting with systems engineers on projects requirements capabilities and interfaces. The responsibilities will also include enhancing software to improve efficiency, designing software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses; and managing their implementation. The candidate should have programming, troubleshooting, and debugging skills and the ability to test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product. The candidate should also have expertise in installing, configuring, and integrating COTs and GOTs applications.
1. Demonstrated on-the-job professional experience with Java programming for web applications.
2.. Demonstrated on-the-job experience in the full software development life-cycle to include design, implementation, testing, and deployment
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing in HTML, JSP, AJAX, PHP, and XML.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience configuring and deploying code to web servers to include Apache Web Server, Microsoft Internet Information Server, and Apache Tomcat.
7. Demonstrated experience creating and using different types of web services such as RESTful or SOAP 8. Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and C2s technologies
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Sharepoint development and maintenance.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience writing technical documents to include system design documents and technical guides.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with automated testing tools.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Agile Methodologies.
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience debugging code.
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience using ORM tools to include Hibernate or MyBatis for persistence.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.