Software Developer - w/Webservice experience (SOAP/REST/JSON) - Washington, DC
***Must currently have an active "Top Secret" Security Clearance.***
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform as software engineer in the development and integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment.
- Perform across the lifecycle from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment by applying diverse skills in software engineering, system engineering & administration, integration, test and system security.
- Analyze requirements to ensure overall testability, develop software design, test plans, and procedures.
- Execute functional, performance, tests, and support debug of system issues.
- Estimate software development costs and schedules.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current development methods.
- Establish and manage software configuration. Provide direct interface with customer.
- Requires BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 2-6 years of experience.
- 7yrs of more technical experience with 6 or more years’ experience performing software development/engineering activities along with a technical degree.
- Experienced with Webservices (SOAP/REST/JSON/XML).
- Strong development experience in Python, Perl, or Java.
- Use of scripting languages (Shell Script, Korn, Bash, etc.).
- Experience with the use of an Integrated Development Environment or VI and use of content management application (Subversion, Git, or other) in a Linux development environment.
- Experience with full life cycle software development (design, development, unit test and software integration test).
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and troubleshoot integration interface applications (small to medium size development), under minimal direction, in a Linux (RHEL/CentOS) environment.
- Previous experience with correcting program errors, preparing operating instructions, compiling documentation of program development and analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Use and configuration of Apache Web Application Server.
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Experience with integrating Digital Certificates / Single Sign-On functionality between systems.
- Cross Domain integration (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions) experience is a high plus.
- Experience in the configuration and integration of IBM Datapower appliance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.