Senior Systems Administrator- TS/SCI Polygraph Required
The Defense and Intelligence Division of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior System Administrator with a TS/SCI polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The candidate will provide various network/system administrative support. These activities include providing extensive network design and support, software installations, performing backups and restores, installing patch capabilities, troubleshooting of complex systems, monitoring system logs, creation and administration of user accounts. Rotational pager support is required.
The candidate will:
• Provide complex troubleshooting of the system and architecture
• Monitor the health and status metrics and trend analysis on applications
• Provide timely and professional recommendations to the customers
• Evaluate current operating procedures and provide improvement recommendations
• Implement corrective action processes for addressing problems detected in the operational baseline in compliance with the TTO
• Ensure that all detected problems are promptly reported, action is initiated, status is tracked, and resolution is achieved without introducing additional issues or risk
• Adhere to established corrective action processes and procedures
• Provide after hour and call-in support, interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding system administration, hardware and communications requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
10+ years experience as a Unix or Windows System Administrator, to include, but not limited to:
• Installing/loading operating system software
• Maintaining the integrity of and configuring network components
• Installing windows manager
• Performing BEA WebLogic administration
• Implementing operating system enhancements that improve reliability and performance
• Administrating multiple operating systems, including UNIX and Windows.
• Experience providing system administration support for servers, and storage and networking components
• Experience with equipment staging
• Experience developing and using Shell scripts
• Experience with complex network design/support
• Experience with UNIX/LINUS
• Experience with virtual environments (MachineShop, EDC)
• Working knowledge of network firewall configurations
• Experience interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support regarding system and database administration, hardware, storage and communications requirements
• Must be able to interact effectively with developers, system stakeholders and the customer
• Experience with system accreditation processes
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.