Leidos has an opening for a Junior-Mid Software Engineer located off-site at our customer location in Orlando, FL. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to independently determine, design, and develop approaches to solutions for a wide range of complex software engineering problems.
You will provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, implementation, and test of software applications, including, but not limited to utility software, development software, product software, and diagnostic software. Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades, enhancements or fixes to existing products.
This role involves:
• Design, modify, develop, implement, and test software applications under the direction of a senior software engineer.
• Work with team members to support project software development.
• Support the design of software test criteria and verify functionality and performance.
• Support and/or install software applications/operating systems.
• Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and verification of software.
• Review and analyze system specifications related to software development.
• Support installation efforts that will require travel CONUS and OCONUS.
• Support design documentation development.
The responsibilities are:
• Apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of software development assignments
• Work on design and development of software products as well as software applications
• Support software testing based on customer requirements
• Perform in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously
• Understand and adhere to cost targets established during the program design phase
• Provide documentation of work and results
• Review project tasks against schedules and provides status reports
• Work as part of a software development team
• Implement and apply sound AVT configuration management processes
• Maintain schedule related to assigned task status and completion dates
• Travel to customer locations to support contractual commitments including data collection, program reviews, software development, software deliveries, installation and test
• Support and utilize defined processes and procedures to facilitate program objectives
• Provide customers with exceptional support
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field; four years of professional experience can be substituted for two years of educational requirements
• 2+ yrs of experience in C, C++ software development related to modeling and simulation
• 2+ years of professional experience in the modeling and simulation field or in a related field
Security Clearance Requirements: U.S. Citzenship and must have an interim DoD Secret clearance or an active DoD Secret Clearance.
• Software design and documentation experience
• Experience with ADA or FORTRAN
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.