Senior Network Security Engineer
Leidos Computer Information Security Group is looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer to join a team of other cybersecurity engineers and play a key role in the overall network security system design for large scale IP networks with over 40K nodes including Internet PoP security and DMZ segmentation.
In this role, you will be responsible for design, documentation, deployment, and maintenance of enterprise network security solutions such as firewalls, IPS / IDS, content filtering and cloud security tools.
The role will be split between tasking associated with maintaining and enhancing the standing security systems and working on projects to either deploy new security capabilities or to provide security engineering services to non-security specific IT efforts. Maintenance tasking will include helping to ensure firewall, content filtering, IPS and cloud security tool policies are being updated in accordance with established standards, capacity planning and handling engineering level problems (problem management).
You will also work with the Network Security Operations team and Security Operations Center to ensure proper monitoring and alerting is taking place for network security systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology related field and minimum 12 years of experience in an enterprise security or infrastructure engineering role. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class IDS/IPS solutions, forward proxy and content filtering solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model and TCP/IP and common application layer protocols.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties.
- Experience with common enterprise firewall vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco/Sourcefire
- Experience with common enterprise class IDS vendors such as SNORT, Suricata, Cisco (Sourcefire) or McAfee Intrushield
- Experience with common enterprise forward proxies such as Zscaler, Symantec/BlueCoat, ForcePoint/WebSense, McAfee or F5
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon
- Experience in system administration (Windows or Linux) desired
- Experience in programing and/or scripting desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory desired
- Experience with cloud IaaS solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Possess one of the following certifications: Palo Alto Certifications, Juniper Certifications, Cisco Certifications ( CCNP, CCIE), Check Point Certifications, SANS Certifications (GIAC, etc)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.