Principal Systems Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group (SRG) of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Principal Systems Engineer to support Integrated Product Team (IPT) governance activities for the Enterprise/Intelligence Community as well as Enterprise IT Management and IT Data Storage Interface Standards Support tasks for the Air Force.
• Write, modify and/or update NATO data storage/interface standards based on technical input, technical investigations and referenced standards. Maintain records of recommended changes to existing standards.
• Represent the US custodian for the NATO Advanced Data Storage Interface standard and the NATO Sanitization guidelines to the appropriate NATO committees.
• Plan, coordinate, schedule, determine venue, and lead NATO Custodial Support Team (CST) meetings.
• Participate in US standard organizations to coordinate standard development.
• Provide briefings to US and NATO groups as required. Brief the USAF Custodian on issues and status.
• Support, witness or provide testing of STANAG data storage devices and ground systems. This includes use of a STANAG NADSI Download Workstation (NDW) for interoperability testing. Review test data.
• Work with manufacturers and project managers to resolve issues related to implementation of the STANAG and STANREC. Provide access to reference hardware (NDW and RMM).
• Provide written reports and white papers. Provide written CST meeting minutes and trip reports.
• Work with data security groups (e.g. NIST and NSA) on memory sanitization methods and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience. Preferred degree in Electrical Engineering (Communications), Computer Science (Hardware/software interfaces), or Systems Engineering (electronic systems).
• Knowledge of the US and NATO standards committees and their procedures and requirements.
• Knowledge of data storage technologies and their physical/protocol interface requirements.
• Ability to work within DoD organizations and facilities, and with USAF custodians to establish cooperative efforts.
• Ability to work with standards organizations and lead working groups.
• An understanding of test and evaluation requirements for hardware and software validation.
• Ability to work cooperatively in multi-cultural environments and across technical specialties.
• Works well with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to resolve disagreements and technical conflicts.
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
• Able to travel to various US and European locations for meetings and technical investigations.
• Demonstrates good organizational skills to maintain and update NATO standards, maintain references and data from standards groups, maintain configuration management records for standards and hardware and maintain records of communications.
• Demonstrated patience with government and NATO procedures.
Security Clearance Requirements: U.S. citizenship with an active Secret clearance.
• Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
• Prior experience in military environment.
• Knowledge of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance.
• Project management experience.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.