Program Financial Support Analyst – Naval Training Systems
Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Financial Support Analyst to joint Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation (HFS) Business Area. The HFS Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, self-starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art training and simulation systems. This position is part of the team responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the HFS program management and engineering teams. Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance prior to hire. An active clearance is preferred.
Responsibilities include assisting in ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are accomplished, including development of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract. Candidate will participate in the establishment and definition of program plan requirements. Candidate may develop budgets to meet contractual and project requirements for an assigned portion of a program. Candidate will assemble financial status reports and assess financial health of a program. Candidate may also monitor and report performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management Systems, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related degree, or equivalent experience.
· US citizenship.
Required Experience and Skills:
· Must be familiar with budget analysis, document preparation, database entry, word processing and spreadsheet usage supporting program management.
· Candidate must have experience with project plan development and assessment of project financial execution against plan.
· Candidate must be able to access a combination of accounting systems and design, develop, and maintain management reports from data extracted and correlated from those accounting systems.
· Candidate must be able to carefully track material and travel costs against plans and maintain up to date available balances across many charge numbers.
· Candidate must be able to assist with functions such as financial administration, financial analysis, cost accounting, and general accounting. Must be able to extract data from multiple sources and effectively summarize the current financial position of a program.
· Candidate must be able to assist with the planning and forecasting the level of effort and costs for multiple programs across multiple contracts.
· Candidate must be able to assist with the development of rough order of magnitude cost estimates.
· Candidate must be able to extreme attention to detail.
· Candidate must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence and a dedication to producing quality work results. Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
· Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
· Candidate must be comfortable working with Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasks, and must be very familiar with MS Excel.
· Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance prior to hire and will be subject to a government security investigation.
· Programming experience under MS Windows and/or programming experience within MS Excel.
· Experience with Deltek/Costpoint accounting systems.
· Active DoD security clearance preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.