Talent Acquisition Director
Leidos has a career opportunity for a Talent Acquisition Director to support our team in Reston or Chantilly.
The Talent Acquisition Director will lead all aspects of day-to-day organizational and workforce management to support operational group staffing/recruiting requirements. The Talent Acquisition Director will manage a team of 10-20 experienced professionals and potentially Recruiting Managers (depending on the size of the Group/Operation). This person plans, organizes, directs and controls employment and staffing policy/program execution and will manage the overall resources to insure a timely/quality response to internal customer needs. This role is responsible for selection and training of staff. Provides metrics and reporting to Operational business leads on a regular basis. Works closely with other functional areas and Corporate Operations.
The Talent Acquisition Director will perform and have the following management duties and responsibilities:
• Manage recruiting operations and overall implementation of new recruiting tactics and recommend process improvements; introduce creative leading edge recruiting techniques to enhance effectiveness of department
• Manage, mentor, train and develop a team of 10-20 on recruitment strategies / techniques; team is responsible for recruiting across a broad range of technical and non-technical openings both funded and contingent
• Manage req loads across recruiting team to ensure optimal efficiency
• Closely monitor and validate requisitions and data integrity of the systems
• Conduct performance evaluations and salary reviews for staff and ensure company practices and standards are followed
• Work directly with business leads and hiring managers to understand business goals and determine next steps as well as integrate recruiting best practices and / or process improvements to further company goals
• Represent department to internal / external stakeholders and recommend improvements and efficiencies
• Plan, organize, and ensure compliance with policies and programs encompassing employment and / or staffing function
• Communicate with managers on an on-going basis to identify and review requirements and responsiveness to organizational needs (both pre-award and post-award)
• Direct management of overall resources to insure a timely / quality response to internal customer needs, and ability of unit to support the business recruitment need
• Manage internal relationships to ensure proper hand-offs and collaboration with functional areas of the business
• Ensure adherence to OFCCP compliance standards and determine and execute new means in which to further compliance efforts and outreach
• Ensure adherence to policies and act as an internal control representative for recruiting related matters
• Drive corporate and group initiatives into the operating group
• Drive sourcing strategy for hard to fill positions, large program executions, and niche roles
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of recruiting experience in the Federal space (DoD, Cyber, Intel, Civ), with at least 5 years in a supervisory or management capacity over 15+ employees. The Talent Acquisition Director must have experience in a large organizational setting hiring and managing manager level contributors in addition to the broader team.
This person must also have the following:
• Strong customer focus
• Proven ability to build a strong team, lead, mentor and train others
• Proven ability to innovate, bring ideas, and drive solutions
• Flexibility and ability to change based on needs of the organization and customer requirements
• Strong team building skills and self-motivated
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to speak to people at all levels, to include Sr. Leadership, within Leidos
• Strong presentation skills as well as the ability to speak in front of an audience
• Fast learner with ability to make decisions based on industry knowledge and metrics
• Proven ability to evaluate difficult program hiring situations, problem solve, as well as document while working with teams to include recruiters, contracts, program management, proposals, capture, BD, etc.
• Experience with ATS and Onboarding systems (i.e., Taleo, Workday, BrassRing)
• Experience in creating and improving analytic capabilities and metrics
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.