Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting
Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting to join a dynamic, multi-national Company with a key role on the Corporate Controller Team in Reston – VA.
We are looking for an energetic, team player with a background in revenue recognition and complex technical accounting matters gained through public and corporate accounting experiences. This is a highly visible and impactful position working with giving direction to both internal and external resources.
In this role, you will focus on implementation of the new revenue recognition standard. You will assist with developing and implementing our Revenue Accounting policies; develop new revenue recognition checklist and processes.
You will analyze complex accounting transactions related to business combination, restructuring accounting, accounting for divestitures, accounting for leases, evaluating assets for impairment, and providing guidance to internal customers. You will also support the preparation of the Company’s quarterly and annual reports. Furthermore, you will support key business partners by ensuring relevant and reliable information on a timely basis. You must be able to collaborate with key stakeholders and bring transparency into both revenue accounting and complex accounting matters explaining the underlying processes and controls.
Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work actively with external vendors and auditors to ensure that company revenue recognition interpretation and internal revenue guidance are consistent and compliant with GAAP and all technical pronouncements
- Provide ad hoc analysis of and guidance on accounting issues
- Develop a framework for implementation of the new standard which includes: timeline for implementation, model for dual tracking, and SOX compliant controls
- Determine the appropriate revenue recognition metrics to track for external and internal reporting and develop templates or processes to be able to capture the requirements
- Provide leadership across finance to grow and mentor through internal trainings both formal and informal for both revenue and other technical matters
- Actively participate in monthly and quarterly close activities including monthly reconciliations of all revenue, and deferred revenue accounts
- Support the Controller team with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university and minimum 12 years of experience in Accounting, which should include any of the following: Revenue Recognition, EAC (Estimate At Completion), POC (Percentage Of Completion), 605/606
- Must have prior corporate accounting experience, experience in government contracting firm, and/or Big 4 public accounting firm
- At least 4 years of experience managing complex revenue arrangements and/or long term percentage of completion type contracts is required
- CPA required
- Analytical minded person with ability to understand overall business operations able to quickly pinpoint areas on which to focus
- Self-directed with proven ability to research complex issues, work independently, and multi-task several projects efficiently
- Strong focus on process improvements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (including public speaking skills)
- Problem solving and strategizing capabilities
- Deltek/Costpoint experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.