The ILC Group at Leidos currently has an opening for CAD Specialist to work in our Chesapeake, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the ILC mission. In this mission we conduct maintenance, modernization, and installation of ASW sonar systems in support of our customer.
• Create and modify Installation Control Drawings and Ship Installation Control Drawings for Combat Systems
• Modify drawings for shore sites as required
• Collaborate with Engineers and Lead Designers on new systems or design changes
• Represent the Leidos Integration and Logistics Center in a professional manner, and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external customers
• Ensure projects are completed according to contractual requirements and meet all required milestones
• Maintain Plan of Action and Milestones and generate progress reports to accurately communicate job progress
• Maintain integrity of Quality Management System, follow established guidelines and procedures, and maintain QMS documentation throughout installation
• Perform shipchecks and evaluate drawings/prints in preparation and execution of installations
*Eligible for External Referral.*Must meet referral program requirements.
5 years of direct drafting experience using Auto CAD; experience must be in electrical and structural drawings (examples include: data cabling, power modifications, foundations, HVAC, cooling water systems, and welding practices/symbols. Associates degree in drafting discipline.
· Thorough knowledge of AutoCad Computer Aided Drafting software
· Ability to verity accuracy of drawings that are produced by self or peers
· Understanding of installation materials and the impact of design on the bill of materials
· Experience with Military Standards and NAVSEA Standard Items; MIL-D-23140D in particular
· Must be able to interpret drawings, sketches, and verbal descriptions in order to produce the required drawings, details, and bill of materials.
· Ability to follow written and oral instructions from supervisors as well as peers.
· Must be motivated and willing to learn good drafting practices.
· Must be flexible and willing to adapt to changing drawing assignments and schedules.
· Must be able to perform work within the allotted time.
· Good written and verbal skills are required.
· Experience with all Microsoft Products
· Ability to participate in shipboard design reviews
· Ability to climb ladders
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
· Maintain passport and valid driver’s license.
· Willingness to travel to fleet concentration areas.
· Position requires at least an Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Drafting
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.