The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the conference center under the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success.
We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple arears.
Qualified individuals will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Desktop Image Management
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
• Home Directory and Profile Support Services
• Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
• Unified Communications Support Services
• E-mail Support Services
• Desktop Software Support Services
• Desktop Entity Support Services
• Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S - Expanded 12x5
• Domain Name Services
• Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Patch Management (Windows)
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years prior relevant experience
Active TS/SCI with Poly clearance is required
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.