Software Engineer- TS/SCI Polygraph Required
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The candidate must:
· Define application objectives by analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality.
· Design and develop user interfaces and applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests .
· Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting, studying and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers.
· Perform application development by coordinating requirements, schedules and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
· Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
· Research new internet/intranet technologies and software products.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: A minimum of 7 years’ experience in software development, programming, and/or engineering.
· Experience with Java, Java Widget Toolkits, Java Persistence API, Subversion, Teamwork, User Interface Design, writing software requirements, software development processes, and software debugging
· Experience in the Eclipse development environment
· Experience designing and implementing object oriented solutions in Java
· Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
· Able to identify and anticipate needs of a user community, development staff and integrated applications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
· Basic understanding of modern telephony systems
· Experience with basic networking
· Knowledge of SCRUM/AGILE processes
· Experience with cellular technologies
· Familiarity with various signals processing systems
· Experience with tool and/or new technology investigations (i.e., Cost/Benefit Analysis)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.