Leidos Corporate Information Technology Services Group is currently seeking a Technical Writer to join our IT Services Business Integration and Planning Team in Reston, VA.
In this role, you will be responsible for capturing, writing, and editing standard operating procedures, processes, project documentation, intranet content, user guides, training materials, and internal content. You must be a collaborative team player who can evaluate, recommend, plan, and execute technical content.
Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Interviewg subject matter experts within IT to plan, develop, organize, write and edit standard operational procedures, processes, policies, user guides, job aids, quick-reference cards, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and other content.
- Assess, analyze, write, edit, and manage end-user training and documentation for technology implementations and updates.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Develop and cultivate positive working relationships with team members, engineers, project managers and support staff.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 4 years of prior technical writing experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in writing IT documents such as: Standard Operating Procedure (SOP),user guides, end-user training, IT implementations updates and documentation, IT policies and processes, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to explain complex information and provide procedures in clear and concise manner to users with all different levels of technical experience.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Quickly adapt to change and revise documents accordingly.
- Understand and be able to apply content strategy.
- Experience with writing online content.
- Business process analysis experience
- Proficiency in screen capture software and instructional video software
- Familiarity with organizational change management and project management principles, and content management systems a plus
- Working knowledge or experience with hardware and software implementations and upgrades or cybersecurity
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.