Senior Linux Systems Administrator
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos for Senior Linux Systems Administrator in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract.
This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
• Provides technical leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility ensuring that technical requirements are met. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
• Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Prepares detailed specifications for programs. Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing systems.
• Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
• Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
• Provides overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
• Evaluates new and existing software products for monitoring systems.
• operations and maintenance, patching and upgrades of all Linux based systems on the current and future Operations, Disaster Recovery and Non-Production Environments.
•BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
•Subject Matter Expert in Red Hat Linux, Version 6 or greater.
•Familiar with large scale operational environments (patching, monitoring of CPU’s, memory, disk utilization)
•Act as a mentor or assist junior level System Administrators in understanding ABIS Linux/VOM processes
Currently possess an active Secret Clearance.
•Experience with DOD DISA STIG and Patching processes
•Experience with Veritas Clustering or Storage Foundation
•Experience with Red Hat Open Stack, Open Shift Technologies
•Prior DoD ABIS, IAFIS, Biometrics or related experience is a definite plus.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.