Jr Software Tester
Leidos is seeking a Jr Software Tester who will be part of a test team with opportunities to test different products, such as databases, web applications, websites, charts, maps and reports. The testing will include both manual and automated testing.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software applications tiers including front-end functional testing, middle-tier testing of web services and other APIs, and testing back end ETL and other data processes. In addition, the candidate is expected to perform regression and integration/acceptance testing in an agile development environment. Candidate may also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on requirements and to ensure that functional requirements are testable and adequately documented to drive the test process.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications
• Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own progress
• Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders
• Execution of test cases including functional, regression, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database
• Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing
• Recording test results and reporting them
• 508 compliance test execution and documentation
• Identifying regression test candidates for automation and automating those test cases
• Participation in daily scrum meetings and weekly test team meetings
• Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection
• Install, maintain, or use software testing programs
• Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and metrics on all activities
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 4 years of related work experience.
• At least 1 year of experience performing as a software tester
• Experience in drafting test plan and test cases
• Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card Holder) is required and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance to get a Health and Human Services / Health Resources and Services Administration badge
• ISTQB Certified Tester
• Experience in using JIRA
• Experience with SQL server and experience with writing and executing backend tests using SQL.
• Experience with test automation.
• Experience using Windows operating systems such as Windows 7 and 8
• Experience using VMware
• Experience with SharePoint 2010/2013
• Experience with 508 compliance testing
• Experience with Selenium and XPath
• Candidates with experience in creating and implementing automated tests will be given special consideration
• Experience working in public health and federal contracting
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.