POTFF Biostatistician/OR & Systems Analyst Support
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group anticipates several openings for Biostatistician/OR & Systems Analyst Support specializing in Human Performance Consulting at various locations to support the Protection of the Force and Family (POTFF) Contract.
Provide management, coordination, liaison, advice, research, analysis, planning, programming, and budgeting advice and assistance, education and training policies and guidelines for Special Operations Human Performance, psychological and social programs as well as provide expert guidance and advice to Component headquarters staff. Serve as a key analyst and recognized professional authority performing scientific work requiring the design, development, and adaptation of mathematical and statistical models and techniques and provide advice and insight about the probable effects of alternative courses of action. The contractor may be required to perform the following tasks:
· Support the strategic planning process for Special Operations Forces unique programs to enhance individual and unit performance.
· Coordinate joint integration and management of all Component Command force preservation capabilities.
· Determine alternative ways to achieve the best mix of personnel, equipment, and training, within fiscal constraints, to optimize special operations human performance and rapidly repair injured personnel and return them to duty.
- Evaluate Human Performance Programs (HPP) and Psychological Performance Programs across the Component and Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC) and develop corresponding measures of effectiveness.
- Ensure Component programs target performance and rehabilitation parameters according to mission requirements and program policy. Program encompasses the following strategic areas: Humans Are More Important than Hardware and Human Capital Preservation.
· Apply expert analytical and evaluative skills to determine the actions necessary to support a variety of established Human Performance initiatives ,
- Provide information about psychological factors in sports, exercise, and physical activity to individuals and groups.
- Assist the POTFF Staff with goal-setting, performance profiling, visualization, and performance planning.
- Develop counseling programs for overtraining, burnout, aggression, and violence.
- Foster collaboration throughout the POTFF to enhance the quality of patient care delivered.
- Conduct periodic literature reviews to ensure the POTFF stays current with the provision of care.
- Support and foster research conducted at the POTFF under supervision of government staff.
- Participate in the collection and reporting of workload data as requested by the POTFF Managers.
· Perform a broad range of health and behavioral research analysis and application entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative use of research methods, and advanced statistics.
· Utilize scientific inquiry in the independent development of mathematical models of problem areas in forms of one of several equations to evaluate and predict the ability to support assigned programs, studies, or problems.
· Provide technical guidance, advisory support, and assistance on an entire project and/or major phases for broad and varied operations.
· Attend meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars to remain current in the field of statistical analysis and in the developments in the fields of multivariate statistics, database mining, integration, and interpretation.
· Assist the Government by providing input into the development of Initial Capability Documents (ICD), Capability development Documents (CDD), Capability Production Documents, DOTMLPF Change Recommendations (DCR), and SOFCIDS.
PhD in Human Performance, Behavioral/Social Science or related discipline is required and at least five years of experience working in a related field. The following knowledge/skills are also required:
· Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods and analyses used to develop, adapt, modify, and apply models to resolve problems or define and clarify alternate solutions and for the assessment and improvement of Human Performance Program level Planning
· Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, develop and utilize appropriate data collection techniques and data cleansing to produce valid and reliable findings, conduct analysis, devise recommended solutions, and package the entire process in briefings, papers, or reports suitable for top management use and decision-making
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, negotiate complex issues, indicate solutions and develop a range of possible alternatives when there is no single solution, and establish maintain good working relations with project stakeholders
· Knowledge of a broad range of health and behavioral science research analysis techniques and corresponding analytical abilities
· Ability to lead research teams; originate new ideas, projects, and methodologies; and execute projects and/or studies within established financial and/or time constraints.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret government security clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.