Senior Principal Information Security Systems Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Senior Principal Information Security Systems Engineer who will be leading a dynamic team working on the development of an air traffic control and management system that improves aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS).
The Terminal Flight Data Management (TFDM) program is a Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) NextGen program based on airport surface management provides that efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
TFDM functions include:
- Surface Collaborative Decision making (SCDM), departure scheduler and other airport decision tools
- Electronic Flight Data (EFD)
- Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS)
- Replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System (NAS)
- TFDM will share data among: controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
- Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air, the ability to exchange data electronically, with the goal of a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources, making flights more efficient from gate to gate.
Supporting the TFDM program as the Leidos System Security Architect. Providing technical leadership and guidance for System Security Engineering across the TFDM program the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities/qualifications:
- Serving as the System Security Architect and Lead for internal and external customers
- Leading and facilitating System Security Reviews and Working Group meetings with customer
- Providing daily technical direction and guidance to the System Security Engineering team
- Reviewing and ensuring the quality of System Security Engineering deliverables and work products across the team
- Systems engineering experience including requirements development (A-Level and B-Level), systems design, and system interface definitions, and sustaining engineering support through a product's lifecycle
- Strong communication and above average to excellent writing skills and the ability to interface with the Buyer/Government customer
- Ability to interface with other functional areas to ensure complete understanding of the requirements for complete and accurate implementation
- Ability to assess system changes and determine system impacts
- Demonstrated broad background in information security across a broad range of information security skills and technologies, especially Certification and Accreditation (C&A)
- Ability to demonstrate creative, thought leadership in security solutions appropriate for customer and program
- Demonstrated success in working on large-scale, multi-disciplined programs in large corporate environment
- Demonstrated effective verbal, presentation, and written communication skills for sophisticated as well as non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate security issues and concerns effectively at all levels
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated effective customer relations and proven ability to work across organizational and functional lines
- Solid skills in UNIX (AIX, Linux)
- Demonstrated ability to work well in highly diverse, collaborative, team environment
- Motivated, self-starter
- Familiarity with Information Security directives, regulations, guidance, and controls (e.g. NIST 800-53, FISMA, ISO-27001)
- Typically requires Master’s degree with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Recognized Information Security/Information Assurance certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, GSE)
- Familiarity with Information Security directives, regulations, guidance, and controls specific to the FAA (e.g. FAA Security Certification and Accreditation Package (SCAP) process, 1370.82, NIST 800-27, NIST 800-41)
- Familiarity with various commercial security products, e.g. NESSUS, McAfee, CISCO, CIS Benchmark, Qualsys
- Comfortable with hands-on, lab activities, including vulnerability scanning, security requirements, and security configuration/customization
- Familiarity with the ground and airborne aviation environment, NIST 800-53 and with the System Authorization Process.
- Knowledge of the air traffic domain (strongly preferred)
- Experience with Leidos (formerly IS&GS-Civil) system engineering processes.
- Experience with Leidos (formerly IS&GS-Civil) system engineering process toolset, including Experience with the Dynamic Oriented Requirements System (DOORs), the program's requirements management tool, and Rhapsody for engineering design and modeling.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.