Team Lead, Software Development (Java)
Leidos is excited about our work with a Federal law enforcement agency and is looking for a Scrum Master to lead a software development team of 6 to 10 while managing risks, escalating impediments, and helping to drive continuous process improvement. Responsible for coordinating with Product Owners, Software Engineers, Program Management and other feature development teams. This position requires strong leadership skills in order to lead a multi-skilled, complex, technical team of individuals. Excellent communication, team building and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast paced environment are needed. This position also requires superior capability in Design, Development, Documentation, Integration, Debugging and Testing.
• Work with multiple feature development teams to meet both sprint and release commitments and milestones.
• Guiding/directing engineering staff in the execution of engineering functions ensuring compliance with program and functional processes.
• Responsible for the SCRUM; interacting with Production Owners and representatives; own progress blockers, communicate progress to plans and coach teams to correctly apply Agile principles.
• Contribute to the feature team's design, development, documentation and testing of new enhancements to the system.
Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Previous experience leading a software team, engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
• Experience with facilitating scrum for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
• Able to track and produce key metrics
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.